This article explains how to integrate Instana with Watson AIOps.
- Instana observes a managed environment containing a Kubernetes-based application. The application perspective created in Instana shows on the dashboard.
- When observations meet the specified criteria for an event, the system creates an alert. Instana applies custom payload data to the alert data.
- Instana sends the alert to the alert channel, which sends the alert to the Webhook associated with Watson AIOps.
The Integration process consists of the below steps. Perform all the steps to integrate Instana with Watson AIOps.
Create an Instana Webhook in Watson AIOps Event Manager (NOI)
- Explains how to create a Webhook in the Watson AIOps Event Manager (NOI) Console to receive events from Instana. Create Instana Webhook in Watson AIOps Event Manager (NOI)
Create an Application in Instana
- Demonstrates the steps to create an application or application Perspective in Instana for a Kubernetes-based microservices application. Create an Application in Instana
Create a Custom Payload in Instana
- Describes the steps to create a custom payload in Instana. This step helps Instana send additional information with the alert data to the alert channels. Create a Custom Payload in Instana
Create an Event in Instana
- Explains how to create an Event in Instana based on JVM memory usage for a given Application Perspective. Create an Event in Instana
Create an Alert Channel in Instana
- Demonstrates how to create Alert Channels in Instana that point to the Webhook in IBM Watson AIOps Event Manager (NOI). Create Alert Channel in Instana
Create an Alert in Instana
- Describes how to create an Alert in Instana about a high-memory issue that points to the created alert channel. Create an Alert in Instana
Released by :
- Jeya Gandhi Rajan M
- Vijaya Bhaskar R Siddareddi
- Vijay Sukthankar (Squad Leader)
Hybrid-Cloud Squad, GSI Labs