Instana is rapidly building out unparalleled support for monitoring the many different products provided by Amazon in AWS. Our latest release adds first-class support for Kinesis Data Streams. The important question is, what do I mean when I say, “first-class support”?
For Instana users, first-class support means the following:
- Automatic discovery of Kinesis instances and automatic deployment of Kinesis monitoring agents
- Full integration into the Instana Dynamic Graph (Click here for an explanation of the dynamic graph) – This model is used for correlation and causation.
- Automatic selection and collection of all relevant metrics
- Fully AI enabled behavioral learning
- Predictive analytics
- Automatic root cause analysis
- Traces generated for EVERY request
- Fully curated expert knowledge to identify problems and suggest remediation possibilities
So what is the value to you?
- Know with certainty when one component is impacting other components or the service as a whole
- Monitor the metrics that most clearly indicate problems. No guesswork required.
- Know what is normal for any metric
- Get warned BEFORE an issue occurs to take corrective action
- Immediate troubleshooting by a single person
- Troubleshoot any individual request. Never miss sporadic issues.
- Expert in a box. Supplement the knowledge of your internal experts with expert knowledge from the Instana team.
Amazon Kinesis Monitoring
It’s always a good idea to refer back to the official documentation for the latest details but this release tracks the following information:
- Kinesis Data Stream Instance Details
- Stream name
- Stream ARN
- Stream status
- Stream encryption type
- Stream retention period (hours)
- Stream creation time
- AWS Grouping Zone
- Tags automatically imported
Instana continues to build upon our world class AI powered support for the many components of the AWS ecosystem. Be sure to sign up for a free trial of Instana in your environment today.