This article marks the start of an article series in which we would like to look back at one of our earliest technology choices: The selection of React. React is being used since day one as our core UI library to develop Instana’s user interface. Since Instana recently celebrated its fifth birthday, we believe that this is an excellent opportunity to reflect on this architecture decision. This article series will touch many relevant past, current and future aspects concerning user interface development at Instana.
- How we learned about React, what the vision was for Instana and what made us choose React.
- How we manage state.
- What we struggled with over the years. (coming soon)
- How we coped with the evolution of React APIs. (coming soon)
- Which libraries and tools we cherish. (coming soon)
- Which decisions we would revise. (coming soon)
- What we are working on right now. (coming soon)
Check out the first article in this blog series which describes How we learned about React, what the vision was for Instana and what made us choose React.