Instana is taking application management to a new generation that DevOps teams can rely on and are excited about that simply assists teams with exact understanding.
Careers at Instana
Working at Instana
Made with Love
We are building a product that our customers love. We promote a healthy work-life balance, career growth, and a friendly office culture.
Engineered in Germany
Instana’s engineering team is based primarily in Germany, but we enjoy having team members all over the world.
Instana’s business team spreads from Silicon Valley to Japan covering North America and Europe.
At Instana we want to provide an incredibly easy to use solution for a very technical problem. We need to present what we do to our users and document the technical necessities that come along with it. Our current docs.instana.com is powered by Confluence, and we expect you to transfer the documentation our team has in their heads into a useful and nice product documentation. If you are familiar with the monitoring space, that’s a plus.
Key Job Requirements
- Develop and execute demand generation plans to support sales revenue goals
- Fill the top of the sales funnel with new leads and nurture existing prospects to meet defined goals for quantities and conversion rates
- Manage a range of marketing programs including webinars, retargeting, advertising, content syndication, PPC and other lead generation activities
- Analyze and report on achievement of milestones and goals, identify pipeline bottlenecks, and develop improvement plans
- Produce reports for marketing and company leadership on demand generation / funnel KPIs
- Collaborate with other functional teams to develop execution plans that are consistent with all company goals
Key Skills / Experience For this Position
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of marketing experience
- Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation Tools
- Self-starter / motivator with ability to get things done
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiarity with Lead generation and lead nurturing programs
Sales / Business Development
Location: Remote (Anywhere in the world)
Sales Development Representatives (SDR) are often the first interaction someone has with our company which is why the role is critical to the continued growth of Instana. The main objective of an SDR is to qualify and move leads into the sales funnel by setting up demos for the Account Executives and Solutions Architects.
The methods we use to source these leads are broken down into “inbound” and “outbound” lead generation. Inbound leads are contacts that have engaged with us through marketing activities such as requesting a demo/trial, downloading an eBook, or attending a webinar etc. Outbound means that we initiate the first touch point with buyer personas and ideal customer profiles (ICP) that have never engaged with Instana before.
SDRs are measured on achieving a specific number of qualified meetings (weekly/monthly/quarterly), as well as other potential Management by Objectives (MBO).
The SDR role is an entry level role into the Instana sales organization and a great opportunity to advance your sales career. We are seeking intelligent, driven and high character people to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A fundamental understanding of the sales process from the Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) stage through to the Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) stage
- Become a champion at using our sales stack including HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Nudge and other SDR tools
- Adopt our best practices for sales development (inbound/outbound)
- Follow up on MQLs and convert them into SQLs
- Coordinate first meetings with Account Executives
- Achieve weekly/monthly/quarterly goals
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Effortlessly understand complex business requirements and how to articulate a compelling value proposition
- Ability to identify customer pain
- Ability to match pain with Instana’s solutions
- Ability to qualify prospects
- Experience with CRM and other sales automation tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior level executives
- Passionate about speaking live with prospects
- Ability to work in an agile environment with an ever-evolving product
- Passionate about startup culture and directly impacting the growth of the company
- Ability to match customer pain with Instana solution
- Ability to meet/beat quota
- Ability to collaborate with other remote team members
The Advantages of Working Remotely:
- No Commute - Commuting is extremely stressful and takes up time that could otherwise be spent working or doing something else productive
- Increased Productivity - Working from home can really help to boost your productivity. The absence of office distractions makes it easier to get your head down and actually concentrate on your day to day tasks helping to make your targets attainable
- Flexibility - By giving our employees the trust and freedom to work remotely, it helps to reduce absenteeism, increases productivity and enhances employee engagement and loyalty
- Increased Talent Pool - To attract and retain a happy and productive workforce we are open-minded and adaptable. We want to hire the very best talent, regardless of where you are based
Let us know what you envision doing at Instana firstname.lastname@example.org.