TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Instana version support policy ensures that you are on the latest version of Instana that best serves your organizational needs.
All of our self-hosted and agent sensor releases have 6 months support from release date.
Updating the version in-use may be required to troubleshoot and resolve reported problems. If you are using an unsupported version, we highly recommend that you update to the latest release.
By frequently updating, you benefit from having the latest features and resolved issues that may have existed in previous releases.
Depending on the type of data, we apply varying data retentions. The following list describes for how long we are storing each data type.
- Website & Mobile App Monitoring Data: Kept for 7 days; a subset is kept for 1 year
- Application & Trace Data: All application data including traces and calls are kept for 7 days; a subset is kept for 1 year
Infrastructure & Platforms Metric Data: Retention is defined per granularity.
- 1 and 5 second granularity: Kept for 24 hours – different granularity used depending on query period duration
- 1 minute granularity: Kept for 1 month
- 5 minute granularity: Kept for 3 months
- 1 hour granularity: Kept for at least 13 months
- Event Data: Kept for the lifetime of the contract
- Configuration & Graph Data: Kept for the lifetime of the contract
Dropwizard, Micrometer and Prometheus metrics are Infrastructure & Platforms Metric Data. Please see the Data Retention Policy for more details.