Instana now supports monitoring of Kafka Connect, meaning that you can monitor performance of your worker instances, deployed connectors, and sink as well as source tasks running.
This includes a built-in dashboard that displays key metrics about your instances' availability, connector and task startup failure and more. For more information, see the Kafka Connect docs.
Instana now supports monitoring of HashiCorp Vault. This includes a built-in dashboard that displays key metrics about your instances’ availability, secrets, tokens, audit logs, engine errors and more. For more information, see the Vault docs.
VMware Tanzu, Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
- Tracing Ruby applications in Cloud Foundry is now generally available.
- Tracing PHP applications in Cloud Foundry is now experimental; the tracing itself works very well and is entirely automated; we need to perform a few changes to correlate the infrastructure correctly.
- The services and endpoints lists now offer a button to jump to Unbounded Analytics with preset filters (type, technologies, and free-text search).
- Jumping from Log Messages to Unbounded Analytics now keeps around the free-text search.
- A detailed error is shown on Unbounded Analytics when grouping on a tag is not supported.
- The VMware Tanzu foundation name is now visible in the Cloud Foundry dashboards and can be filtered for.
- PKS clusters are marked as
Managed by Pivotal Container Service in the Kubernetes dashboards.
cloudfoundry.app.instance_index tags are renamed to
- The origin of the Instana agents in the
Agents view in Instana is now
tile; the Instana agents installed on PKS worker nodes will be reported as
public docker for consistency with other Kubernetes deployment means.
- Kafka sensor: Improved auto-discovery of
server.properties file path and enabled specification via sensor configuration.
- RabbitMQ sensor: Enhanced support for selecting which queues are going to be monitored with regular expressions.
- Added Kubernetes 1.17 support.
- Event View: Fixed that the chart on top of the event list disappeared when the browser window is resized.
- Synthetic Endpoint Configuration: Fixed the link from endpoints and affected services to Unbounded Analytics.