TABLE OF CONTENTS
It is now possible to use IBM Watson AIOps as an alert channel for Instana alert notifications (see documentation).
Instana now supports monitoring of IBM DataPower. This includes a built-in dashboard that displays key metrics and health events. For more information, refer to the IBM DataPower docs.
Instana now supports monitoring of IBM App Connect Enterprise. This includes a built-in dashboard that displays key metrics and health events. For more information, refer to the IBM App Connect Enterprise docs.
With this release, we have added support for the following IBM Cloud Platform services:
- IBM Load Balancer (classic)
- IBM Cloud Object Storage
- IBM Cloud Functions
- IBM Cloud Databases for etcd
- IBM Cloudant
- VPC virtual server instances
For more information, refer to the IBM Cloud Platform docs.
From this release Instana provides monitoring of IBM APM V8. For more information, refer to the IBM APM V8 docs.
- Calls to all DynamoDB instances are grouped under "DynamoDB" service. The endpoint name is the DynamoDB table name.
- Calls to all AWS S3 buckets are grouped under "AWS S3" service. The endpoint name is the bucket name. Support infra linking of calls to AWS S3 using SDK or web service.
- Calls to all Google Cloud Storage buckets are grouped under "Google Cloud Storage" service. The endpoint name is the bucket name. Support infra linking of calls to Google Cloud Storage using SDK or web service.
- AWS RDS service will be named after the cluster name if exists.
- Ruby: Calls to the AWS services SQS, SNS and S3 are now recorded by the
- Ruby: We now support
instanagem. Trace continuity will be maintained for SQS messages that contain Instana message headers.
- Ruby: Query parameters are now filerable for Net::HTTP and Excon in the analytics view.
.NET Full Framework
- Added support for W3 Trace Context / OpenTelemetry
- In addition to our current Agent bundles based on Azul Zulu Java 1.8, we now offer system packages (DEB and RPM) and Docker images bundled with Eclipse OpenJ9 11 as Java runtime.
- The RPM and DEB packages for OpenJ9 are
instana-agent-static-j9, agent docker images come through the spacial tag
<version>-j9for specific versions.
- The one-line installer accepts the
-jflag to select these bundles.
- Events View: The number of the total matching events is shown in the events list side bar.
- MySQL: Fixed missing MySQL schemas
- Kubernetes: Fixed key for namespace labels list, namespace annotations list and cluster debug information