TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Add support for AWS SDK Lambda Invoke call
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor added support for IBM Cloud Container Registry, IBM Cloud Schematics and IBM VPN for VPC
- Invoking AWS Lambda functions via the AWS SDK (Lambda#invoke, Lambda#invokeAsync) is now captured and also correlated into the trace for Go and Node.js
- AWS Lambda executions that are cold starts are now marked as such in unbounded analytics (for Node.js based Lambdas, other runtimes will follow).
- Imminent timeouts of AWS Lambda functions are detected and shown as such in unbounded analytics (for Node.js based Lambdas, other runtimes will follow).
Instana now supports remote monitoring of multiple IBM i instances. The monitored IBM i instance will be displayed as a tower on your Infrastructure Map as well as the Db2 on i will be presented as a running process within the tower. OS related metrics are collected from various system tables, as well as the database related metrics are collected using the built-in IBM i Collection Services. The supported versions are: 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4.
- IBM i OS level metrics - a built-in dashboard that displays system and memory pool metrics. For more information, refer to the IBM i docs.
- Db2 on i - a built-in dashboard that displays Active Queries, various Operations, Plan Cache and SQL Cursor metrics. For more information, refer to the Db2 on i docs.
Instana now supports integration with IBM Application Performance Monitoring V8. Supported V8 agents attached to an APM V8 server can be integrated with the Instana server. Metrics and identity information from the APM V8 agents is forwarded to the Instana server. Host, process and IBM Datapower entities and metrics will appear on the Infrastructure map. Supported V8 agents are:
- Linux OS
- Window OS
- Unix OS on AIX
- IBM Datapower
Instana now supports tracing IBM MQ messages on xLinux 64. For more information, refer to the IBM MQ docs.
Instana now supports remote monitoring of zHMC. This includes a built-in dashboard that displays key metrics. For more information, refer to the IBM Z HMC docs
The Instana Agent can now be deployed on OpenShift 4.7 and above on IBM Z and LinuxONE. We made sure to cover all 3 modes of installation - Helm, YAML and Operator.
Find our more on in our OpenShift documentation.
- Added EJB metrics ResponseTime and ResponseCount
- Added session manager metrics CreateCount and InvalidateCount
- Added thread pool metrics ConcurrentHungThreadCount and DeclaredThreadHungCount
IBM Db2 v 11.5 LUW Containerised version with agents running on Linux VMs - Supported on Linux on x86_64, Linux on Power, IBM Z and LinuxONE
- Added various metrics related to Top queries, Lock wait, Agent status, DBM Config usage, workload and UOW as metrics collections.
- Added detailed table views for DB & DBM configurations, Top Queries, Lock wait, Top Total CPU, Log Disk Wait, Runstats and Diag Log entries.
- With Agent 1.1.602 its possible to set
mode.web-override.allowed = falsein the file
<agent-installation>/etc/instana/com.instana.agent.main.config.Agent.cfgto disable the possibility of overriding the Agent Mode directly from the Instana UI.
You can now inspect the Instana product in nine additional languages. While we aren't finished yet with the product's localization (see known issues), we hope you can already benefit from this. The language can be configured within the product's general user settings (Settings ➡ User Settings ➡ General). With this release, we are supporting the following languages:
- Chinese (China),
- Chinese (Taiwan),
- Portuguese (Brazil) and
We are excited to announce that Logs has joined the Unbounded Analytics family! You can now explore WARN and ERROR Trace Logs outside the context of a Call or Trace. While the feature is in beta, please provide us feedback using the link on top of the page.
- .Net Core Tracer: Added support for AWS SDK S3 version 3.7.
- OpenTelemetry: Improved discoverability of tags in Unbounded Analytics
- Java Trace Sensor: Added support for WebSphere EJB tracing
- Go Sensor: versions v1.30.0 and instrumentation/instagin/v1.0.0 were released. Support for Gin framework was added.
- Instana Trace SDK: The span duration can now be overwritten using the
durationtag (in milliseconds)
- Event enhancement.
- Add poll rate for each queue manager.
- DFQ enhancements - Now you can search by Channel, Cluster, Queue or Queue Manager.
- Support appliance down status.
- Java Trace Sensor: Correctly trace asynchronous GraphQL calls
- Fixed critical regression issue caused extension to crash
- Fixed firing an exception on Yii framework
- Limited profilier stack depth to prevent memory overflow in the agent
- A number of code improvements and fixes
- Some parts of the Instana product are not yet localized or encounter layout issues through localization.