TABLE OF CONTENTS
IBM Power HMC Sensor support in Instana is 'Technical Preview' to showcase the remote monitoring of Power HMC as a platform. This includes a built-in dashboard that displays key metrics. For more information, refer to the IBM Power HMC docs
AWS SDK enabled proxy configuration using
HTTPS_PROXY environment. Once configured, proxy configuration settings were applied to all sensors and API clients within the Instana agent. On the other hand, customers needed a way to apply proxy configuration settings to the subset of AWS sensors and API clients in order to avoid additional traffic through their corporate proxy in situations where they can use VPC endpoint, for example. AWS Sensor 1.0.110 enables proxy configuration for individual sensors and API clients, and adds improvements that meet some specifics that come with multiple AWS account monitoring within the China region, using the STS assume role approach.
- Introduced an
issue eventthat is triggered if the application uses an EOL (end of life) version of Node.js. Not applicable for serverless environments.
- Instrumentation of SNS for the AWS SDK v2.
- Loading indicators on custom dashboards are more fluid
- Remove dependency to node-gyp. This also removes the opt-in feature of rebuilding native add-ons via node-gyp. This capability was off by default in previous releases, it could be enabled via
INSTANA_REBUILD_NATIVE_ADDONS_ON_DEMAND=true. This is no longer available, the environment variable will be ignored now.
- With the latest release
v1.4.0of AWS Lambda instrumentation module we added support for detecting and reporting Lambda cold starts as well as handler timeouts.
- A new package
github.com/instana/go-sensor/instrumentation/instalogrusprodivdes instrumentation for
github.com/sirupsen/logrusloggers. Once instrumented, the logger will send any error or warning logs associated with the call to Instana.
IBM i OS: Added new Metrics
- Network connections info (Top Receivers,Top Senders)
- Network interfaces
- User defined Active Jobs
- NGINX Tracer: Improved tracing for sub-requests when the
auth_requestdirective is used.
- C++ Sensor: Report master PID instead of worker PID for better infrastructure correlation.
- Cassandra Sensor: Added support for Cassandra version 4.x.
- Websites Smart Alerts: Add option to measure user impact for the selected time window either aggregated or per-window.
Tibco EMS Sensor:
- Added support for Tibco EMS 8.6.0
- Improve driver handling
- Other performance improvements
- As of
github.com/instana/[email protected]any log record created via the OpenTracing API and containing the
warnkey is forwarded to the agent as a log record with
- The latest releases of
github.com/instana/go-sensor/instrumentation/[email protected]instrumentation packages are now sending the configured route names along with the entry span. These names can be used to lookup and group calls based on
- As of
- Capture HTTP status codes for GraphQL requests over HTTP.
- Manual spans creation handles tags that are passed as non extensible objetcts - when
Object.preventExtensionsis applied to the tags
- NGINX Tracer: Correct handling of requests where X-INSTANA-L is set to zero.
IBM ACE Sensor:
- Supported MQ access with external IP address
- Displayed integration servers with same name
- Fixed data parsing error for container-based ACE
- Added warning in UI for invalid configuration