TABLE OF CONTENTS
Minimum version to update from directly: Build 205
- Please note that all databases are on the current required version.
- Internal admin and service endpoints are now protected via basic-auth. Passwords are stored in
instanasecret and initialized by the operator with secure passwords.
- Network polices are disabled by default and can be enabled in
settings.hclusing this value:
enable_network_policies = true
- A command to list the currently required container images
kubectl instana images
- Creation of a persistent volume claim for the raw span store type persistent volume
- Bug in secrets handling, where under specific conditions secret values were propagated incorrectly.
- Node.js tracing: Add trace continuity support for SNS-to-SQS bridge.
- Node.js tracing: Support for DynamoDB with AWS SDK v3.
- AWS Lambda/Node.js: Add trace correlation support for Lambda invocations triggered by SQS messages (including SNS-to-SQS).
- AWS Lambda/Node.js: Add W3C trace context support.
Metrics from the Prometheus Java client library are now available on the JVM dashboard. See https://www.instana.com/docs/ecosystem/prometheus-java-client for documentation.
- C++ Sensor 1.1.2: Improved discovery request handling performance.
- Filesystem metrics for individual volumes are now available in custom dashboards.
- MySql Sensor 1.1.66: Added TLS support for secure data transfer.
- IBM DataPower: Added service status metric and built-in event.
- IBM MQ: Added channel metrics-Instance Counts, Bytes Received, Bytes Sent.
- ElasticSearch .Net Core tracing support
- Couchbase .NET and .NET Core tracing support
- logDNA logging integration: Added support for IBM Log Analysis.
- logDNA logging integration: Now using hostnames instead of FQDN when creating deep links.
- Elasticsearch Sensor: Added support for ES 7.13+
- Audit Log is renamed to Action Log with improved layout
- Access Log was added to the Audit section
Java Trace Sensor:
- Add EJB support for WildFly 22+
- Enabled trace correlation for IBM MQ tracing
- Support infrastructure linking for Redis Cluster tracing (Lettuce and Spring Data Redis)
- Support Kafka consumer client for versions older 0.11
- Improved detection of incompatible APM agents (APM Insight Java Agent)
- IBM DataPower: Add support for monitoring local instances
- NGINX tracing
v1.1.2: Fixed log spam caused by subrequests.
- Events API: Fixed that search by ID did not work for events created after R203 when an event was active across the end of a single month.
- Liferay Sensor: Added sensor to static packaging
- PingDirectory Sensor: Add sensor to static packaging
- NGINX Monitoring documentation: Added missing
- Java Trace Sensor: Fix tracing of scheduled JBoss EJB calls
- Fixed crash in AMQP extension instrumentation
- Fixed crash in PHP SDK context handling
- Fixed freeze of PHP FPM with profiler enabled
- Fixed incorrect HTTP method reported by cURL instrumentation
- Re-enabled shipment of extension for PHP 8.0 ZTS Alpine
- IBM MQ: Fix connection increase issue when configuration changes
- Include most recent SaaS images with several bug-fixes
- Fix feature config for ui-backend
- Allow http network traffic (alert channels) to internal/untrusted hosts for issue-tracker and groundskeeper by default
- Fix an issue with network policies causing self-monitoring to no longer work for some components
- Fix an issue cleaning up the network policy for the operator itself
- No adjustments.
- Updated backend service images and fixes the feature configs that caused missing metrics in the K8s dashboards.