TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ClickHouse Migration
We are migrating our calls data to a new schema, this will reduce disk space used by ClickHouse. At the same time this will reduce unbounded analytics query latency. Therefor a long running data migration is needed. The migration will start automatically with
instana update, the actual progress will be shown as such
Run data migrations # RUNNING - 442128 of 11053217 (4%) with 110532 rows per second on 4 chunks
Attention: the system will be offline during this migration, depending on your amount of calls this might last multiple hours.
We introduced a maintenance page shown during
instana restore and
instana update as long the system is not available.
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC) is now GA! Please consult the documentation for full information.
- GraphQL operation names and types are now captured in our website monitoring when using apollo-link-http.
We're thrilled to open our custom dashboards beta to all customers. To get started, head over to the custom dashboard docs.
DOMContentLoaded). You can find the updated website monitoring snippet within the Configuration tab of the website dashboard.
Web Vitals is an initiative by Google to provide unified guidance for quality signals that are essential to delivering a great user experience on the web.
Site owners should not have to be performance gurus in order to understand the quality of experience they are delivering to their users. The Web Vitals initiative aims to simplify the landscape, and help sites focus on the metrics that matter most, the Core Web Vitals.
In addition to Instana AutoProfile™ for the JVM, AutoProfile™ is now also available for Node.js and Go. Instana AutoProfile™ is a new continuous production profiling capability that allows you to capture profiles from your running apps automatically. For detailed information, see our Instana AutoProfile™ docs.
- Improved contrast of dashboards and cards with new styling.
- Chart metric axis are now condensed so they only show the maximum value rounded up to the next good consumable value.
- Chart time axis are improved in a way the intervals are always readable.
- Improved long-term disk space detection: improved trend estimation and reduced chance that the issue is created after the metric actually stagnated already.
event.severityquery keyword does now interpret the values "warning" and "critical" in DFQ for more convenience.
Added the following cloud providers in
- Nova (OpenStack)
- Grouping Calls in Analytics shows calls that do not match the given group by criteria. These calls are shown as Calls without the 'xyz' tag in the table, in which xyz represents the chosen group by criteria. For API users this group is not shown as part of the result set. Further information can be found in the Analyze Traces & Calls documentation.
Instana now supports monitoring of Redis Enterprise cluster. This includes a built-in dashboard on Cluster and Node level also with all the key metrics such as number of requests, latency, connection count, CPU, memory and network utilization. Alongside with that the Cluster level dashboard includes metrics for Shards and Databases separately. For more information, see the Redis Enterprise docs.
- Upstream / Downstream now available on Infrastructure Dashboards.
- Stack on Infrastructure Dashboards now shows number of calls to Applications served by this infrastructure.
- Added PHP Peak Memory Usage as a
- Added JMS Data Type as a
- The feature introduced in the previous release has been extended to now supported all available entity types to define Custom Events on dynamic metrics.
- The sub-entity causing the event is now included in the details page.
- Custom Service Mapping: Multiple custom service mapping rules can be defined.
- Charts now support the View in Analytics action which makes it easier to go to analytics and learn about the various supported data sources and tags.
- HTTP request dashboards are now structurally closer aligned to their Applications counterparts.
- All available metrics can now be configured in analyze and custom dashboards.
- Introduce Health State metric and built-in health rule based on it.
- Context Guide stack now loads faster on large environments
- Fixed various visual issues with Context Guide Stack
- Webhook Integration: All fields which are listed in the default JSON are used on every open event notification
- Flow Map: traces starting with outgoing calls no longer cause missing services/endpoints or wrong KPIs.
- Agent List: give correct results based on the (DFQ) filters used.
- Trace Analytics: correctly transform Zipkin spans to HTTP type when
urlis present in span data.
- Custom Dashboards: The bar chart type now correctly renders multiple metrics for the same axis.