TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Generally: No changes in the procedure *
If your license needs a renewal with Release 195 it is now possbile to import the new license upfront
Once a new license is issued from Instana the procedure is as simple as previously
instana license download
- Old: Downloads the currently active license in one file + New: Downloads current and future licenses in one file
instana license import
- Old: Imports one license + New: Imports multiple licenses from one file
instana license verify
- Old: Display the currently active license + New: Display all imported licenses
With this release, we have added support for pie charts in custom dashboards. Users can add pie charts to their custom dashboards by clicking the
Add Widget button in the top right corner.
The Instana agent now supports remote monitoring of MongoDB Atlas clusters residing in different projects and organisations. For more details, refer to the MongoDB Atlas support.
The Instana Go sensor now offers an instrumentation module for
Currently supported services include DynamoDB, S3, SQS and SNS. To activate tracing, add
github.com/instana/go-sensor/instrumentation/instaawssdk to your
go.mod and follow the instructions
in the module README.
Next to 'scraping' metrics, Prometheus also allows for pushing metric updates via the
remote_write endpoint and
Starting with Agent bundle 1.1.587, the Instana Agent includes support for the
remote_write endpoint, meaning it is able to ingest metrics and these will be displayed as either a Prometheus Entity or part of the Process Custom Metrics.
Refer to the Prometheus documentation for more information.
Calls happening in an OpenTelemetry-instrumented process and calls captured by Instana AutoTracing are now correctly correlated into the same trace for most runtimes. This feature requires up to date Instana tracers.
Kubernetes CronJob Dashboard now displays the schedule and the list of Job executions on the Summary tab. Active Jobs chart and Conditions were removed from the Summary tab.
The Instana AutoTrace WebHook, which provides zero-touch support for tracing Node.js, .NET Core and Ruby applications running on Kubernetes, enters BETA. The technology has been running very stably at several customer sites, and we strongly encourage you to try it out ;-)
Also, yes, you did read right: the Instana AutoTrace WebHook now also supports Ruby, and to the best of our knowledge, Instana is the first in the world to have zero-touch support for tracing Ruby applications!
- Groups and API tokens can now be granted a new permission, allowing write access to all accessible custom dashboards. This comes in handy to remove unwanted custom dashboards, e.g., custom dashboards from former colleagues.
- Configuration-based SDK for .NET FF / .NET Core are now enabled by default
- Ruby Sensor: We now support tracing ActionCable connections. All of the calls from a hijacked
/cableconnection will be shown under the trace of the initial web request.
- Agent: Agent container images are now based on RedHat UBI 8 images. They include also several minor fixes and updates.
- Agent / Java attach: Create Monitoring Issue event for when Class Sharing is enabled on a IBM J9 JVM, which leads to attachment issues.
- Ruby Sensor: To increase compatibility with other monitoring libraries, we have replaced our usage of alias method chaining with
- Ruby Sensor: We now capture database calls for any conforming ActiveRecord adapter.
- AWS Sensor: We now support the monitoring of multiple AWS accounts using the AWS STS Assume Role approach. For more details, please refer to AWS documentation
- Oracle Sensor: Since recently Oracle JDBC driver became part of Maven central repository, there is no need to manually set the JDBC jar file
- .NET Tracer: Support process-ignore configuration
- .NET Core Tracer: Support process-ignore configuration
- Node.js tracing: The instrumentation for the MongoDB native driver now also supports the "unified topology" connection mechanism.
- Ruby Sensor: GET requests via HTTP with no query parameters will no longer error.
- Agent: Small change to the startup scripts, to verify whether an Agent instances is already running and if so prevents starting a second instance.
- Agent list: When filtering the Agents list using Dynamic Focus Queries and no results were present, this sometimes led to the UI not rendering.