TABLE OF CONTENTS
Minimum version to update directly: Build 201
Release 209 will introduce a new metrics pipeline which will have significant impact on the requirements of running instana. From release 209 on instana won't work on machines with less than 64 GB of RAM and 16 CPUs.
- Node.js: Instrumentation of memcached
- Ruby: Support for ActionMailer and ActiveJob have been added to the library. We now generate logging spans for Rails applications. Resque entry and exit spans are now linked when using the latest version of the
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor: Added support for IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB and IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for PostgreSQL
- Db2 LUW Sensor: Added SSL/TLS support which enables Db2 monitoring via secure connection
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor: Added support to gather metrics from multiple IBM Cloud locations.
- Node.js: Instrumentation of DynamoDB for AWS SDK v3
An additional system rule has been added in order to ensure the presence (and be notified in the absence) of hosts. This rule can be found under "System Rules" with the name "Host availability detection".
- Monitoring Envoy Proxy documentation: Clarified, enhanced, and unified.
- Java Profile Sensor: Improve resource consumption
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor: IBM Cloud load balancer metrics now include appliance level metrics.
- Custom Dashboards: The Events data source offers new options to optionally include Kubernetes events or agent monitoring issues. Previously, these type of events have been always included by default.
- HAProxy dashboard: The metrics are now aggregated using
- Fixed max. length validation of Micrometer custom metric names
- Fixed an issue that prevented tracing of asynchronous Jersey HTTP client calls
- NGINX Tracer
v1.1.2: Fix log spam caused by still unsupported subrequests
- Kafka Connect Sensor: Fixed exception when collecting number of brokers
- Nomad Sensor: Excluded
- Some parts of the Instana product are not yet localized or encounter layout issues through localization.
- fix wrong mount point being used for cert-stores
- fix datastores command to support recovery from backup
- fix datastores command ignoring version jumps
- fix datastores command missing to create state file
- include newest images with multiple SaaS-fixes
- fix wrong memory calculation for running datastores only
- fix feature config for ui-backend